Rosacea can be limited to a rash or, in its most severe manifestation, can actually cause misshapenness on the face, particularly affecting the nose. Many people experience a worsening of the symptoms of rosacea when they are overheated, experiencing stress, eating spicy food or consuming alcohol.
Rosacea can take the following forms:
- Persistent red rash
- Constant “blushing” or “flushed” look
- Raised sores or pustules
- Dry, flaky skin
- Sensitivity to sun
- Swollen, red, inflamed eyelids
- Misshapen nose
There is evidence that there are certain links, which could contribute to rosacea including:
- Genetic predisposition to rosacea
- Exposure to an environmental cause
- Skin damage due to exposure to ultraviolet radiation,
- Circulatory/vascular issues
Depending on the individual case, there are various treatment options our practitioners may employ, including topical and oral medications. With years of experience treating rosacea, our office has a lot of success helping our patients be rid of this condition. We are here to answer any questions you may have about this condition.