Itchy Skin can be the result of many different conditions. Among the causes of itchy skin are:
… as well as many other possibilities.
Please call our office with any questions or concerns about your itchy skin. If you wish to try some common home remedies for itchy skin, you may consider some of the following tips and recommendations:
- A cold wet cloth or ice pack is often soothing to itchy skin.
- An oatmeal bath is soothing for many itchy skin issues, especially when they include certain types of rashes.
- Topical anesthetics may be helpful.
- Topical cooling lotions or treatments, such as menthol or calamine, may provide relief.
- Keeping skin well-hydrated helps — dry skin is itchier than moisturized skin.
- Avoid scratching your skin.
- Avoid bathing or showering in hot water. Instead, use warm or tepid water.
- Wear loose-fitting, “breathable” clothing, such as cotton.
- Maintain a relatively consistent, cool if possible, atmospheric temperature.
- In the winter, use a humidifier.
- Stress can increase itchiness.